These chocolate chip cookies are a so good that I honor them as payment for home repairs.
Yum … delicious, grey-market barter. Not dependent on fiat currencies, and beyond the reach of all but the most tyrannical governments. You can even have the recipe for free:
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies (High Altitude Recipe)
- 1 C. + 2 T. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 6 T. butter, melted
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. minus 1 T. white sugar
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C. chocolate chips
- 1/3 C. coconut
- 1/3 C. chopped, toasted pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cool the melted butter slightly. Beat melted butter and sugars together.
- Add egg, yolk, and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add salt and baking soda, beat or mix well.
- Stir in flour by hand until just incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Form into balls 2 tablespoons each.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool on baking sheets for about 10 minutes before removing.